Friday, 22 August 2008

Anxiety dreams

1) Teeth falling out
2) Flying
3) Falling
4) Being caught naked in a public place
5) Being chased - probably by a faceless person
6) Being in an exam, ill-prepared

Apparently these are the six most common dreams in Western culture and are generally thought to be representative of some kind of anxiety in the person having them. I've had all of them in some shape or form (in the only "being-chased" dreams I've ever had I'm being chased by a wolf rather than a person, but I think it still counts. I'm probably part Native American or something).

There's a new one that I have though which I wonder whether or not is common with others (probably women more than men) is one in which I'm looking after a baby and I can't sufficiently support/protect it's little neck. It's terrifying and I've found when I'm stressed I tend to have this dream a couple of times a week.

Am I alone here or have others experienced this particular dormant horror?

No comments:

Post a Comment