Monday, 7 May 2007

Nick cave . . .

wrote the screenplay for The Proposition in three weeks.


I find that really, really, really, really ... depressing.

Chris assuages my ennui with this comment:

"Aw, you really shouldn't worry. It's a Western. Westerns are easy because in terms of character, setting and plot they are always very sparse - "man with gun will ride into town tomorrow and try to kill you", etc."

And that would make me feel better, if it weren't for the fact that I just plain Couldn't Write A Western, even something as simple as a Western, in three weeks.

Maybe I could write a comedy about people having perverse sexual encounters, however. Hmm. I will ponder on it. I wonder if I could take three weeks, head to the middle of nowhere, and just write. Probably not. I'd probably have a nervous breakdown. I think myself into some dangerous places sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment